Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Med Change

I hate when the doctor changes my medication. It screws me all up, Damn it! It seems I just get used to one med then I gotta start all over again. It pisses Bruce off too.

This time Dr. Cantwell took me off my Paxil and put me on Navane. So, I am trading an anti-depressant for an anti-psychotic. It is all Emily, my therapist's, fault. She said I was starting to sound manic (I say with a sarcastic tone).

Hell, I thought I was just happy. Being manic can be quite a rush. You can get a lot done. It is kinda like being on speed (not that I have ever been on speed), only it is legal.

Inevitably, though, you hit that rock hard, invisible wall called "depression". This is so hard to recover from. If you stay manic for too long it changes you. Your base line (normal) gets lower and harder to maintain.So I understand the need for me not to be on the anti-depressant.because it could trigger those manic feelings.

That don't mean I have to LIKE it, though!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment