Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Unbeaten Cruelty

My mom and dad have this neighbor who lives across from them. They have a small 5 x 5 pen in which they keep whatever kind of dog they like at the time. At this time they have a really adorable pit bull puppy. I mean a tiny, little thing. This puppy is so cute and just jumps up and licks anyone who gives him the least bit of attention. The thing is that I don't think the "owners" give him any attention or love. They feed him and he has adequate shelter from the elements. But that is not all that it takes to be a responsible pet owner.

For some reason I identify with this dog. He has been in my thoughts almost all the time. I can only imagine what goes through his little doggy brain. Does he miss his mommy and siblings? Does he wonder what he did wrong to be placed in this jail?
"Why did they bring me here if they do not love me?" I am almost sure he wonders.

I don't understand some people. Why have a pet if you do not love animals? If you can not make the time for him? Why would you want to torture this little creature? If only I had the means to live in a place that allowed animals I would rescue this little angel.

So, if anyone who is reading this desires to give this beautiful animal a good and loving home, please contact me. I would GLADLY steal him for you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment