Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sleepless

I can't sleep. It's been four days now. It started be four days now. I t started because I have a cough that for some reason doesn't kick in until I start to fall asleep. This relentless hacking cough that makes the top of my head feel like it's gonna blow off!!!

I also have an ear infection; a throbbing, white hot pain in my ear hole!  Don't worry, I got medication for it.

So, this blog is about he affect that the sleeplessness has on my weird ass brain. Now, I know what you're thinking. Everyone gets a little weirded out when they go awhile without sleep. BUT, it is a little different for me, however.

If I go for awhile (and the definition of "awhile" varies upon several factors) without sleep it could trigger a manic or depressive episode. Just depends on the conditions which led to the sleeplessness.

Usually for me the manic leads to the sleeplessness and the sleeplessness leads to the depression. Right now I am hovering around the depression. because of the cough and the ear pain. Hopefully the medication that I got will kick in soon. I also have rheumatoid arthritis and lack of sleep will trigger a flare up of that, as well.

Then, there is also the fact that a depressive state can cause you to feel physical (psychosomatic) pain. Therein is my difficulty. Is my pain caused by my depressive state or is my depressive state causing my pain.

It ain't easy bein me!

1 comment: